Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. The business is expanding and we now have a great opportunity for a senior technology enthusiast to join us as a Practice Lead for DevOps and Cloud.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative and innovative environment that encourages helping and developing others by sharing knowledge and experience. You’ll split your time between our London office, client sites and our development teams in Newcastle, Edinburgh and Bristol, so while you’ll be partially client-facing, you’ll also have the chance to work directly with our talented software development teams each day.
As a trusted advisor, you will be valued by our clients and our consultants, able to advise on appropriate tools and technologies for complex bespoke software solutions. You’ll have gravitas, helping to mentor Scott Logic and client engineering teams as required. We are also looking for you to create high quality materials (collateral and thought leadership) to aid business development.
Technically this role will suit a senior technologist with experience of working within a consultancy. We are looking for you to have proven experience of architecting and delivering complex solutions on public and private cloud platforms. You will also have deep knowledge of AWS and an appreciation of other private and public Cloud technology stacks.
You should have:
- Strong consulting skills and an ability to shape solutions and engagements and to support business development.
- Proven experience working with technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- A good working knowledge and practical experience of the software delivery lifecycle and agile methodologies including Scrum and SAFe or LeSS.
- Experience of being the figurehead, providing thought leadership through blog articles, white papers and speaking at conferences.
- The ability to influence a variety of business and IT stakeholders at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience of a highly consultative and solutions-oriented approach, with a focus on creating value propositions for clients
- A willingness to travel with occasional overnight stays required within the UK and abroad
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience in financial services and/ or public sector
- Exposure to supporting a sales process
For an informal chat about this position or any other opportunity, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for vacancy