Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. The business is expanding and we’re looking for Java developers to join our smart and talented team.
If successful in securing one of our jobs in Java development you’ll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages helping others by sharing knowledge and experience. You’ll be as passionate as we are about doing software engineering right, and ultimately delivering great solutions to our clients. We follow an Agile approach with solid development practices, and are looking for creative and self-motivated problem solvers with a demonstrable passion for technology and teamwork.
This is a hands on, client-facing role, offering the opportunity to be involved in full development life cycle. You should have:
- Proven commercial Java experience, preferably in enterprise-scale applications
- Good technical design skills including OO design principles and design patterns
- A relevant university degree
- Experience with Agile development methods
- The ability to adapt and learn new technologies on the job
It would also be great if you have:
- Knowledge of building scalable server-side applications on the JVM, eg. REST, Spring, SQL/NoSQL, microservices, concurrency and messaging paradigms
- Exposure to the full software development lifecycle
- Previous experience in a consultancy
- Involvement in open source projects