Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. We are offering paid internships for you to sample a challenging and rewarding career in software.
You’ll spend around 12 weeks learning from smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll build on the knowledge you’ve gained at university and begin to apply it in a real-world setting, learning and working with cutting-edge technologies along the way. We hope you’ll forge a longer term relationship with us that will see you apply to join our graduate programme after you complete your degree.
Previous intern projects have been diverse, including:
- Porting the Scratch programming language, used in schools to teach coding, to HTML5
- Creating a financial charting application on our open source D3FC library, to follow Bitcoin prices
- A web-based display for our office reception area, providing useful and engaging visitor information, including imagery, video, Twitter feeds, blog posts and our XBOX FIFA tournament results
- Building a multi-player web-based game loosely based on a well-known card game
- A Slack bot with natural language processing to allow conversational ordering of sandwiches for the office
You should have:
- A Level or Higher grades of at least BBB or equivalent
- Completed the penultimate year of a good degree in a computing, mathematical, engineering or scientific field
- Great problem solving skills
- Good communication and teamworking skills
For an informal chat about this opportunity, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for vacancy