Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. The business is expanding and we’re in need of capable and technically proficient project managers to own client relationships and take responsibility for end-to-end project delivery by leading our teams and staying close to the detail of the software development process.
You will have a demonstrable passion for technology, with experience working with software developers distributed across a number of sites on an everyday basis. While you’ll run development teams primarily from our Edinburgh office, you will also spend some time at our other offices in Newcastle, London and Bristol, as well as our client sites across Europe and further afield as we expand our client base, so resilience is essential.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages helping and developing others by sharing knowledge and experience. You’ll be as passionate as we are about doing software engineering right, and ultimately delivering great solutions to our clients. We follow an innovative and Agile approach with solid development practices, using a wide range of modern technologies depending on the requirements of each project, including C#, Java, Node, Angular and React.
This is a hands-on, client-facing role which combines deep technical knowledge with the ability to clearly communicate technical matters.
You should have:
- Strong commercial experience in a significant software-based technical project management role
- A track record of managing multiple software development streams
- Strong technical expertise in modern object-oriented software development technologies (such as Java EE, .NET or HTML5) and the full software development process
- Solid people skills and proficiency in the management and motivation of high quality software development teams
- Hands on experience managing projects based on Agile methods, preferably Scrum, as well as a good understanding of both Agile and Waterfall-based project delivery methods
- An understanding of the governance required of enterprise-level projects
- First class communication, presentation and customer relationship management skills
- A relevant university degree
- Ability and flexibility to travel to other Scott Logic offices as well as Client sites within the UK and overseas as and when required.
It would also be great if you have:
- A software development background
- Previous experience in a consultancy
- Evidence of project management competency (such as PRINCE2 Practitioner status, PMI or ScrumMaster)
For an informal chat about this position or any other opportunity, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for vacancy