Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. The business is expanding and we’re in need of capable and technically proficient project managers to own client relationships and take responsibility for end-to-end project delivery by leading our teams and staying close to the detail of the software development process.
You will have a demonstrable passion for technology, with experience working with software developers distributed across a number of sites on an everyday basis. You will be based at the office location of your choice, but you will also spend time at our other offices as well as our client sites across Europe and further afield as we expand our client base, so resilience is essential.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages helping and developing others by sharing knowledge and experience. You’ll be as passionate as we are about delighting our clients with high quality, well engineered software solutions. We follow an innovative and Agile approach with solid development practices, using a wide range of modern technologies, depending on the requirements of each project, including C#, Java, Node, Angular and React.
This is a hands-on, client-facing role which combines strong project management experience with the ability to clearly communicate technical matters.
You should have:
- A proven track record of delivering large scale technology projects into enterprise environments, preferably involving the project management of multiple software development streams in a multi-site environment
- First class communication, presentation and client relationship management skills
- Hands on experience managing software development projects using Agile methods, preferably Scrum, as well as a good understanding of both Agile and Waterfall-based project delivery methods
- Strong people management skills and proficiency in the management and motivation of high performing software development teams, preferably in multi-site environments
- Solid understanding of commercials
- An understanding of the governance required of enterprise-level projects
- Strong appreciation of modern software engineering and associated development technologies (such as Java EE, .NET or HTML5) and the full software development lifecycle
- A relevant university degree
- Ability and willingness to travel to other Scott Logic offices as well as client sites within the UK and overseas, as required.
It would also be great if you have:
- Hands on software development background
- Previous experience with a blue chip or high end technology consultancy
- Previous experience of working in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Project management certification (such as PRINCE2 Practitioner status, PMI or ScrumMaster)
For an informal conversation about this position or any other opportunity, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for vacancy