Are you ambitious and driven with visual flair, and a desire to create intuitive software interfaces that truly put the user first?
Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations, and recognises the importance of design as a critical part of effective beautiful software applications. The business is expanding and we’re in need of creative and self-motivated UX Designers with experience leading design projects to join our growing UX Design Practice.
You’ll be a strategic thinker who believes that problems are most effectively solved through exploration and understanding. Your focus will be on guiding all design efforts on projects and iteratively delivering an end product as part of cross-functional teams that use Agile project delivery methods.
We’re looking for people with the confidence to influence and advise clients, drawing on their expertise to do so. You’ll be the voice of the end-user, surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in an environment that encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing. You’ll work closely with our clients and their customers as well as our talented software developers and testers to deliver world-class solutions.
You should have:
- Demonstrable experience of UX design in an in-house or consultancy role
- Evidence of design leadership regarding people, culture and projects
- Proven understanding of collaborative, user-centred design methods
- Experience of designing enterprise applications for desktop, mobile or web
- An appetite for creating simple solutions to complex problems
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Intimate familiarity with design techniques such as design studio workshops, journey mapping and empathy mapping
- The skills and tooling knowledge to bring application designs to life, from sketches to wireframes and storyboards to high fidelity mock-ups and click-through prototypes
- The ability to adapt and learn on the job