Are you a flexible and experienced leader looking for a hands-on, client-facing role in a growing software consultancy?
Scott Logic builds bespoke, business-critical technology solutions for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. The business is expanding rapidly and we are seeking a dynamic and engaging Principal Consultant to lead the shaping and delivery of complex client projects and programmes.
As a Principal Consultant, you will lead Scott Logic teams as they engage with clients from pre-sales to successful delivery, to shape and deliver strategic solutions that demonstrate tangible value and result in deep trust-based relationships.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages supporting and developing others by sharing knowledge and experience. You’ll be as passionate as we are about delighting our clients with high quality, well-engineered technology solutions that solve business problems and deliver lasting client value. We take an innovative and agile approach to delivery, underpinned by solid development practices using a wide range of modern technologies.
This is a client-facing role which combines strong leadership attributes working across all dimensions of the consultancy lifecycle, including pre-sales, commercial, relationships, technology, delivery and people.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain senior client relationships (at the C-suite level)
- Build trusted advisor relationships with key client stakeholders, manage client expectations and ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Engage with the client to guide thought leadership and strategy. Align Scott Logic propositions to the client’s business needs
- Build Scott Logic’s reputation and profile within the client organisation and the wider industry sector
- Inspire and motivate teams, with proficiency in the management of high performing software engineering teams
- Undertake line management of consultants, handling performance feedback and annual review processes
- Assist with training, learning and development in support of the Scott Logic people agenda. Create engaging and interesting opportunities for people to grow
- Contribute to the Scott Logic communities of practice and development of assets (e.g. white papers, blogs, delivery toolkits, learning curricula)
- Create compelling proposals for clients, aligned to our value propositions
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Solution Architects, User Experience Designers and Delivery Managers, to shape and deliver innovative technology solutions for clients
- Lead on pre-contract work, including deal shaping and writing Statements of Work
- Contribute to the development of innovative propositions, ways of working and other thought leadership collateral
- Engage with clients from pre-sales through to successful delivery, building deep trust-based relationships
- Lead high-performing software engineering teams to deliver valuable strategic solutions
- Stay accountable for project financials to achieve targeted financial results
- Demonstrate hands on expertise in managing software development projects. Pragmatically apply Agile methods to deliver client outcomes. Have a good understanding of alternative delivery models and associated pros and cons
It would also be great if you have:
- Previous experience with a technology consultancy
- Strong appreciation of modern software engineering and associated development technologies and the full software development lifecycle, ideally with a hands on software development background
- Ability and willingness to travel to other Scott Logic offices as well as client sites within the UK and overseas, as required
- Previous experience of working in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- A relevant university degree
- Experience of working in the public sector or financial services
- A proven track record and passion for thought leadership activities
This role is based in one of our city centre offices, and likely to involve occasional travel (infrequent day trips or a few days at a time) to visit our clients across the UK and beyond. If you are interested in more travel, then opportunities are available; feel free to speak to us about this.
We are mindful of the imbalances in our sector. We celebrate multiple and varied approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation and we commit to maintaining and improving an open and creative workplace, where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
If you’d like to talk about this role then get in touch with our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our recruitment team can also discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require to our recruitment process.