Are you a solution-orientated, commercially aware and versatile consultant with a passion for technology and an eagerness to share this passion with others?
Scott Logic is a thriving UK-based software consultancy where we design and build software that transforms the performance of some of the world’s biggest and most demanding organisations. From capital markets and commodities to complex public services, our consultants combine innovation, experience and pragmatism to deliver measurable results with every project.
We are seeking experienced technologists who will shape our technology direction, based within our growing offices in Newcastle, Edinburgh, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds and London. You’ll join a team of passionate, smart and enthusiastic individuals. You’ll work with a diverse range of platforms including the latest front-end and back-end technologies and modern architectures (microservices, cloud, streaming, big data, serverless).
You have a breadth of knowledge that spans a wide range of technologies and processes and an eagerness to share this knowledge with others. When working with clients, you can balance business requirements, budgets and deadlines while delivering technology change. Your impact is felt company-wide, from assisting pre-sales with opportunities, shaping propositions, to contributing to our technology roadmap. Your value is in your breadth and versatility.
You’ll be a member of a company-wide senior technology leadership team, helping shape its overall direction.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys ‘face time’ with the client, and is happy to hop on the train, or a plane, to visit our clients across the UK and beyond.
You’ll spend your time:
- Researching and understanding the latest technology and industry trends, determining how these might be applied, with pragmatism, to our consultancy engagements.
- Sharing your passion and knowledge within the company, to colleagues at all levels (from graduates up to the Exec Team)
- Sharing your passion and expertise with our clients
- Engaging with the broader technology community beyond Scott Logic, building both your personal brand and the company brand
- Contributing to a wide range of thought leadership activities, including giving talks, and writing blog posts and white papers
- Leveraging your technology and consultancy skills within our client portfolio
- Leading on advisory consultancy engagements
- Helping other engineers reach their highest potential through mentoring and coaching, leading by example and consistently contributing to our culture of excellence
- Helping grow the business, the people within the office you join, and the capabilities and services we offer to clients
- Working with a diverse range of platforms including the latest front-end and back-end technologies and modern architectures (microservices, cloud, streaming, big data, serverless)
You should apply if:
- You have a passion for technology, and a track record of sharing this across various types of media
- You have a proven track record within complex software projects
- You have a breadth of knowledge in technology, but also have significant depth in a small number of areas. You should confidently describe yourself, and be recognised as an expert
- You enjoy working with, and influencing, project stakeholders
- You can talk professionally with senior non-technical decision-makers, understanding and navigating the competing and complex commercial concerns
- You enjoy leading teams and helping them to be the best they can be
- You rise to the challenge, are a fault finder, and a fixer
Scott Logic is a founder-owned, successful and growing, private company located in the UK. Our 300+ employees enjoy working in tight-knit teams where they work, grow and succeed together. We hire people who align with our core values of Passion, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Professionalism.
Scott Logic is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We are mindful of the imbalances in our sector and particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Apply for this position