Are you a solution-orientated, commercially aware and versatile polyglot with experience in the design and delivery of complex systems?
Scott Logic is a thriving UK-based software consultancy where we design and build software that transforms the performance of some of the world’s biggest and most demanding organisations. From capital markets and commodities to complex public services, our consultants combine innovation, experience and pragmatism to deliver measurable results with every project.
We are seeking experienced technologists to occupy senior positions within our growing development centres in Newcastle, Edinburgh, Bristol and London. You’ll join a team of passionate, smart and like-minded individuals. You’ll work with a diverse range of platforms including the latest front-end and back-end technologies and modern architectures (microservices, cloud, streaming, big data, serverless).
You have a breadth of knowledge that spans a wide range of technologies. You can both create new application architectures, based on technical and business requirements, and evolve existing ones. You are able to lead the planning and execution of an architecture roadmap, communicating effectively with your team and the client. You can balance business requirements, budgets and deadlines while delivering technology change. Within the company, your skills are used beyond project delivery: assisting pre-sales with opportunities, shaping propositions and assisting in career and skills development. Your value is in your breadth and versatility.
You’ll be a member of the senior leadership team within the office you join, helping shape its overall direction, growing both the office and the people within it.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys ‘face time’ with the client, and is happy to hop on the train, or a plane, to visit our clients across the UK and beyond.
You’ll spend your time:
- Leveraging your software design and technology skills, to create effective architectures and communicating them to the client.
- Evolving and developing software architectures while balancing budget and business goals.
- Carefully managing the choice and delivery of technology recognising the human impact of change.
- Fostering a quality culture both within your client projects and across Scott Logic.
- Helping other engineers reach their highest potential through mentoring and coaching.
- Helping grow the business, the people within the office you join, and the capabilities and services we offer to clients.
- Working with a diverse range of platforms including the latest front-end and back-end technologies and modern architectures (microservices, cloud, streaming, big data, serverless)
You should apply if:
- You have a proven track record in leading complex software projects.
- You have a breadth of knowledge in technology, and a passion for delivering successful outcomes.
- You enjoy working with, and influencing, project stakeholders.
- You can talk professionally with senior non-technical decision-makers, understanding and navigating the competing and complex commercial concerns.
- You enjoy leading teams and helping them to be the best they can be.
- You rise to the challenge, are a fault finder, and a fixer.
Scott Logic is a founder-owned, successful and growing, private company located in the UK. Our 300+ employees enjoy working in tight-knit teams where they work, grow and succeed together. We hire people who align with our core values of Passion, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Professionalism.
Scott Logic is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We are mindful of the imbalances in our sector and particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Apply for this position