Are you a technically savvy, commercially aware and versatile polyglot with experience in the design and delivery of complex systems?
Scott Logic is a thriving UK-based software consultancy where we design and build software that transforms the performance of some of the world’s biggest and most demanding organisations. From capital markets and commodities to complex public services, our consultants combine innovation, experience and pragmatism to deliver measurable results with every project.
We are seeking experienced technologists to occupy senior positions within our growing development centres in Newcastle, Edinburgh, Bristol and London. You’ll join a team of passionate, smart and like-minded individuals. You’ll work with a diverse range of platforms including the latest front-end and back-end technologies and modern architectures (microservices, cloud, streaming, big data, serverless).
You are an authority with deep knowledge across a number of technologies and are expert in building solutions using them. You are capable of delivering a range of consultancy projects; including strategic and advisory work, as well as project or product delivery. Within the company you act as both a leader and a mentor, imparting your knowledge and enthusiasm for technology to others. Your value is in your breadth and versatility.
You’ll be a member of the senior leadership team within the office you join, helping shape its overall direction, growing both the office and the people within it.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys ‘face time’ with the client, and is happy to hop on the train, or a plane, to visit our clients across the UK and beyond.
You'll spend your time:
- Leveraging your software design and technology skills, to create effective architectures and communicating them to the client.
- Evolving and developing software architectures while proving the technology roadmap and enabling delivery teams.
- Deeply understanding the details of the solution you’re delivering, being prepared to dive into the code and being hands-on when necessary.
- Carefully managing the choice and delivery of technology, recognising the human impact of change.
- Fostering a quality culture, both within your client projects and across Scott Logic.
- Helping other engineers reach their highest potential through mentoring and coaching.
- Helping grow the business, the people within the office you join, and the capabilities and services we offer to clients.
- Working with a diverse range of platforms including the latest front-end and back-end technologies and modern architectures (microservices, cloud, streaming, big data, serverless)
You should apply if:
- You have a proven track record in leading complex software projects.
- You have a breadth of knowledge in technology, and a passion for delivering successful outcomes.
- You enjoy working with, and influencing, project stakeholders.
- You can talk professionally with senior non-technical decision-makers, understanding and navigating the competing and complex commercial concerns.
- You enjoy leading teams and helping them to be the best they can be.
- You rise to the challenge, are a fault finder, and a fixer.
Scott Logic is a founder-owned, successful and growing private company located in the UK. Our 300+ employees enjoy working in tight-knit teams where they work, grow and succeed together. We hire people who align with our core values of Passion, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Professionalism.
Scott Logic is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We are mindful of the imbalances in our sector and particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.