Are you a flexible and experienced leader looking for a hands-on, client-facing role in a growing software consultancy?
Scott Logic builds bespoke, business-critical technology solutions for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. The business is expanding rapidly and we are seeking seeking a dynamic and engaging Delivery Principal to lead the shaping and delivery of complex client projects and programmes.
As a Delivery Principal, you will lead large-scale projects with a focus on achieving client outcomes, developing senior client relationships (at the C-suite level) and demonstrating personal value through effective delivery leadership. Your primary responsibilities include defining project delivery road maps, hands-on management of complex projects with multiple work streams, shaping solutions within a pre-sales context, and building strong partnerships with clients.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages helping and developing others by sharing knowledge and experience. You’ll be as passionate as we are about delighting our clients with high quality, well engineered technology solutions that solve business problems and deliver lasting client value. We take an innovative and agile approach to delivery, underpinned by solid development practices using a wide range of modern technologies.
This is a client-facing role which combines strong leadership attributes working across all dimensions of the consultancy lifecycle, including pre-sales, commercial, relationships, technology, delivery and people.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the delivery of large-scale, complex technology projects for clients, or lead a portfolio of client engagements
- Develop and maintain senior client/partner relationships
- Contribute to the development of innovative propositions, ways of working and other thought leadership collateral
- Create compelling proposals for clients, aligned to our value propositions
- Work with Product Owners and Solution Architects to shape and deliver technology solutions for clients
- Lead on pre-contract work, including deal shaping and writing Statements of Work
- Demonstrate hands on expertise in managing software development projects using Agile methods, as well as having a good understanding of Waterfall-based delivery and associated pitfalls
- Team leading, with proficiency in the management and motivation of high performing software development teams, including distributed teams
- Take responsibility for project financials to achieve targeted financial results
- Undertake line management of assigned consultants, handling performance feedback and annual review processes
- Contribute to the communities of practice and development of assets (e.g. offerings, white papers, blogs, delivery toolkits, learning curricula etc.)
It would also be great if you have:
- Previous experience with a technology consultancy
- Strong appreciation of modern software engineering and associated development technologies and the full software development lifecycle, ideally with a hands on software development background
- Ability and willingness to travel to other Scott Logic offices as well as client sites within the UK and overseas, as required
- Previous experience of working in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- A relevant university degree
- Experience of working in the public sector or financial services
- An interest and proven track record in thought leadership activities
This role is based in one of our city centre offices, and likely to involve occasional travel (infrequent day trips or a few days at a time) to visit our clients across the UK and beyond. If you are interested in more travel, then opportunities are available; feel free to speak to us about this.
We are mindful of the imbalances in our sector. We celebrate multiple and varied approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation and we commit to maintaining and improving an open and creative workplace, where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
If you’d like to talk about this role then get in touch with our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our recruitment team can also discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require to our recruitment process.
Apply for this position