Lead Test Engineer
Lead and mentor collaborative teams who value experienced testers and their direction in delivering business-critical systems for high-profile clients.
We are hiring innovative and creative lead testers for roles in delivery teams within our growing practices. We’re looking for people as enthusiastic as we are about building software right and ultimately delivering great solutions to our clients.
- We are looking for people who regard testing as a craft and practice it accordingly.
- We are looking for people who are passionate advocates of what they do and how they do it.
- We are looking for people invested in their own self-growth as well as the growth of the teams around them.
Scott Logic is a founder-owned, thriving UK-based software consultancy with UK city-centre offices, where we build software that transforms some of the world’s biggest and most demanding organisations. From capital markets to complex public services, our consultants combine innovation, experience and pragmatism to deliver measurable results with every project.
- We value experience and fundamental skills.
- If you aren’t getting a chance to use modern technologies and practices in your current role, we will help you to build your skillset.
- We want technologically inclined testers with a deep, wide unabashed curiosity (mixed with a bit of healthy cynicism) for assumptions they are presented with.
Whether you are ready to progress your career into a lead position or you’ve already got years of experience and knowledge that you want to share with others, we would love to talk to you.
- We value kindness, collaboration, communication and feedback.
We live this through our thriving community of practice which spans four offices and has a number of specialists in automation, human-factors and non-functional testing. We use the community to actively upskill and encourage each other, plan events and contribute to our internal test academy to teach each other how we do what we do.
We work throughout the development stack, from richly interactive web applications to high-performance backends. You can expect to use a diverse range of platforms and modern architectures (e.g. microservices, cloud, streaming, serverless) – you can see the range discussed on our blog.
You’ll typically be part of small tight-knit multidisciplinary teams solving tough software challenges in an agile way; we trust teams to have high levels of autonomy and value collaboration and pragmatism.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly capable colleagues in a collaborative environment that encourages sharing knowledge and experience.
We’ll help you develop your career further: taking ownership and leading others along the way. We can also help you build your testing profile: sharing your expertise (blogging or speaking, both internally and externally), advising our clients and contributing to open source projects.
You’ll need to have:
- A deep love for testing.
- An appetite to learn new technologies and approaches.
- The desire and ability to share your skills and knowledge with others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and adaptability to new situations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the fundamentals of testing in a context-driven way.
- Broad and deep technical skills with plenty of practical application to be dangerous with the knowledge of when or when not to use it.
You can read more here about our recruitment process and the skills and attitudes we look for in our testers.
Scott Logic is proud of our inclusive culture. We don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be open to everyone. If you require any considerate adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll be in touch about how best to accommodate your request.