Senior Business Analyst
Are you an organised self-starter, with excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders to achieve a shared understanding of problems to be solved?
This is a ‘hands-on’, client-facing role, where you’ll work collaboratively with our clients, developing a deep understanding of their business needs. You’ll work in an Agile delivery team, operating as the key bridge between the client and our software engineering teams.
Day to day, your role will involve a high degree of stakeholder management, workshop facilitation, process modelling, requirements elicitation and backlog management. To do this effectively, you’ll need to be an experienced Business Analyst who is an organised self-starter, with excellent communication skills, with a strong attention to detail, and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders to achieve a shared understanding of the problems to be solved.
We’re looking for people able to rapidly understand complex business problems, with the analysis skills to understand people, processes and technical requirements and shape technology solutions. You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly capable people in an environment that encourages helping and developing others by sharing knowledge and experience. We trust our teams to have high levels of autonomy and we value collaboration and pragmatism.
What's important to us
Our people enjoy working in an environment where they can grow and succeed together. We hire people who align with our core values of Passion, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Professionalism.
You'll need to have:
- Hands-on experience as a Business Analyst within high-performing Agile development teams, working closely with Product Owners and stakeholders.
- A sound understanding of both Agile and Waterfall-based project delivery methods.
- Experience of selecting and applying appropriate analysis techniques to elicit requirements/user stories, collaborating with development teams to ensure a solution that delivers real business value.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to organise and refine a feature backlog.
- Work with the Technical Architects to understand and support the detailed design and implementation.
- Experience in facilitating meetings and workshops with a variety of diverse stakeholders.
- The ability to communicate and influence a variety of business and IT stakeholders at a senior level.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organisational skills.
- An appreciation of modern software engineering and associated development technologies within the full software development lifecycle.
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience of working with Government clients and an understanding of GDS.
- Experience of working on digital transformation projects.
- Experience of working with user centred design principles and user research techniques.
- Experience in the use of Atlassian Jira and Confluence toolkit.
- Previous technology consultancy experience.
If you’d like to discuss this role then please get in touch with our recruitment team at email@example.com. Our recruitment team can also discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require to our recruitment process.
We are mindful of the imbalances in our sector. We celebrate multiple and varied approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation and we commit to maintaining and improving an open and creative workplace, where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.